When it comes to managing your business expenses while globetrotting, a well-suited travel business credit card can be your most valuable companion. These cards are designed to not only streamline your finances but also offer a plethora of travel-related perks, from earning miles and points to access to airport lounges. But with so many options available, how do you decide which one is the best fit for your needs? In this article, we’ll explore the key factors to consider when choosing a best travel business credit card and present a selection of some of the top choices available in the market.
- 1 What to Look for in a Travel Business Credit Card
- 2 Rewards Program
- 3 Signup Bonus
- 4 Travel Perks
- 5 Annual Fee
- 6 Foreign Transaction Fees
- 7 Compatibility with Your Preferred Airlines or Hotels
- 8 Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- 9 American Express Business Platinum Card
- 10 Capital One Spark Miles for Business
What to Look for in a Travel Business Credit Card
Before diving into specific card options, it’s essential to understand the factors that make a credit card ideal for business travel. Here are some crucial elements to consider
The heart of any travel business credit card is its rewards program. Look for cards that offer generous rewards, such as points or miles, for every dollar spent. Some cards provide bonus rewards for specific categories like travel, dining, or office supplies, which can significantly boost your earning potential.
Many travel business credit cards offer attractive signup bonuses to entice new customers. These bonuses often involve a substantial number of points or miles awarded after meeting a minimum spending requirement within the first few months. Make sure the card’s signup bonus aligns with your business spending habits.
Travel perks can make your journeys more comfortable and affordable. Consider cards that offer benefits like airport lounge access, travel insurance, priority boarding, and free checked bags. These perks can enhance your travel experience and save you money in the long run.
While some travel business credit cards come with hefty annual fees, others waive the fee for the first year or offer lower fees for small businesses. Evaluate whether the card’s benefits justify its annual cost. Remember that the value of rewards and perks should ideally surpass the fee.
Foreign Transaction Fees
If your business frequently takes you abroad, it’s crucial to choose a card with no foreign transaction fees. These fees can add up quickly and negate the benefits of using a travel credit card.
Compatibility with Your Preferred Airlines or Hotels
If you have a preferred airline or hotel chain, consider a co-branded credit card that offers exclusive benefits and rewards for using their services. This can lead to significant savings and upgrades when you travel. Now that we’ve covered the key considerations, let’s explore some of the best travel business credit cards available:
Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- Rewards: Earn 3 points per dollar on travel and select business categories.
- Signup Bonus: Receive 100,000 bonus points after spending $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- Travel Perks: Trip cancellation/interruption insurance, cell phone protection, and no foreign transaction fees.
- Annual Fee: $95
American Express Business Platinum Card
- Rewards: Earn 5X Membership Rewards points on flights and prepaid hotels booked through Amex Travel.
- Signup Bonus: Get 120,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months.
- Travel Perks: Access to Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass lounges, and an annual $200 airline fee credit.
- Annual Fee: $695
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- Rewards: Earn 2 miles per dollar on every purchase, with no spending categories.
- Signup Bonus: Receive a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles (worth $500 in travel) once you spend $4,500 on purchases within the first 3 months.
- Travel Perks: No foreign transaction fees and the option to transfer miles to airline partners.
- Annual Fee: $0 intro for the first year, then $95
The best travel business credit card for you depends on your specific needs and travel habits. Carefully assess the rewards, perks, fees, and compatibility with your preferred airlines or hotels before making your decision. With the right card in your wallet, you can turn your business travels into more rewarding and enjoyable experiences.